2015/03/24

IT'S TIME FOR FLOWERS


Hi everyone,

today I'm very happy because my art journal has one more page!!! I enjoyed very much with this page. 




First I added a thin layer of gesso, but not too much because I wanted to see the book text. When it dries I painted it with yellow and green acrylic paint. I stamped a handwritten text with "potting soil" archival ink. Then I mixed my brown and black acrylic paints to get a darker brown than the one I’ve got and applied it in the borders with my fingers. I really enjoyed it.

I drew the flowers on a white cardboard and colored them with distress inks applying different techniques. Then I cut all of them.

I used one stencil from Todo Stencil to apply modeling paste (mixed with a bit of green acrylic paint) and add the flowers to my background.

Finally I glued the flowers I drwe with gel medium, and added the stems with a black marker. I stamped the text with versamagic black ink. The stamp set I used is Tim Holtz’s "worn text". And I add some color to the letters with acrylic paint.

I’m going to participate on Simons Says Wednesday challenge, I think I'm still on time.

Happy crafting!!

No hay comentarios: